Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let the Waters Rise, and Get Back Up Again.

"There's a raging sea right infront of me, that wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees. So let the waters rise if you want them to, I will follow you. I will follow you." -Mikeschair

"Wide awake in the middle of your nightmare, You saw it comin' but it hit you outta no where. And theres always scars when you fall back far." - Tobymac

I've noticed that both of these songs describe my life lately. Earlier this week, I told God to take away the one thing I was most focused on. That was blocking my view of him. I told him to let the waters rise because I knew he would do what was best for me. Yesterday, he took the one thing I didn't want him to take, And I guess that's why he did it. I just didn't think it would hurt this much. Which brings me to the second song...

I saw it coming, yes. I knew it would happen eventually. It just. Hit me like a trainwreck. I wasn't expecting it to happen that soon. A few weeks from now maybe...possibly a month or so yes. But. Yesterday? Everything had been going so well. At least on my end...and. It's almost like. We did something that wasn't supposed to happen so God just ended it. Just like that. But I knew it was because I told him to take that one thing away. I just. I want it back. But God doesn't always give you what you want, and neither does life.

Life isn't always fair, I am more than aware of that. If I had what I wanted, I would have moved a long time ago, to be closer. We'd see eachother every day, and be best friends, maybe more. I would actually be allowed to have this blog, my AIM, and PACSC. Or maybe I'd be in public school, because people wouldn't judge eachother. The kids in Africa wouldn't starve. And abortions would be illegal, and they would never happen. Maybe there wouldn't be stereotypes. There might even POSSIBLY be world peace! But that's Madi's world. Not this world.
We can't alway have what we want, so we might as well take what we do have and run with it.

So Lord, let the waters rise, and I'll get back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment