Thursday, May 20, 2010

Picky, picky, picky...

Okay so this is one of my more serious rants. Please buckle your seat belts and prepare for a slight dizzy sensation. The exits are at the top right-hand corner of your computer screen, and another is available you you by pressing alt+f4. We apologize if you think too much and get a headache, but please either suck it up, or grab some ibuprofen and comment below. Please keep all appendages inside your chair at all times, and please enjoy the ride.


I had to warn you.



There's just something that really bothers me. It's the fact that if I were to return to Susquenita, and even take 3 steps inside those doors, I'd be eaten alive. People would look me up and down, judging every aspect of me before I even said a word. Not to mention I'd get "OUTCAST" stamped on my head and I'd be automatically thrown on the bottom of the popularity list.
I'd be called fat, stupid, braceface, metal mouth, goodie goodie, teacher's pet, whore, slut, bitch. Anything and everything that I had been called the last time I was in public school. I'd probably start doing the things I did before, trying to get the pain to go away.
Honestly people. Why the hell does it matter what name is stamped onto your clothing, or who made the makeup you wear? Why does every girl need to wear short shorts and mini skirts, low cut shirts and tons of makeup? And why does every guy need to be a player, and date 5 different girls at a time, get laid by a so-called "hott" girl, and have a 6-pack in order for people to like him?
Think about it. All the nice people go unnoticed. The ones in the backround that are true friends, actually HAVE MORALS, and will keep your secrets instead of telling the whole school. The good girls who will actually stay true in a relationship and not whore around, the guys who will really treat a girl with the respect they deserve. The people who you can 100% trust not to stab you in the back.
When you grow up and have kids, do you want them to be picked on, used, and abused? OF COURSE NOT! So why should we do the same thing to our peers? It's just not right. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's cliques everywhere, is there not? I was talking to a friend about this today. There's even cliques in my youth group. How disgustingly wrong is that? We're supposed to be the Christians, reaching out to anyone and everyone. And there's a certain clique of girls that nothing matters but makeup and looks. And that's what they judge on.
Like take last Saturday for instance. A group of us went to Allison Hill for an outreach. That group of girls was with us, and then there was my friend Kelsi and I. The one girl from the more popular group got a few splinters. And everyone was all crowded around her saying "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!" Blah blah blah. So I look over and Kelsi's crying because her hand was hurt. It was all black and blue, and she couldn't move her fingers at all. Did anyone pay attention to her? No. Of course not. And Why? Because she wasn't in the popular group. I was the only one who said anything to her, and I had to step up and say "Uhm. HELLO. Kelsi's hurt." And what pisses me off is that the one girl, when Kelsi was taken to get ice, said "Oh just get a sharp rock, we can amputate." I was like. No you didn't. But kept my mouth shut.

My main point here is. There shouldn't be any type of barrier, and my GOD. Especially in a youth group.We need to step up and reach out to people, and remember the golden rule that we were taught as kindergarteners. "Do unto others what you would have others do unto you"

1 comment:

  1. <3 If this was facebook i would "like" this :)

    ReplyDelete